© PETERSCHREIBER.MEDIA/ SHUTTERSTOCK
1. Australian Government Department of Health. National Notifiable Diseases Surveillance System. Available at: http://www9.health.gov.au/cda/source/cda-index.cfm (accessed March 2021).
2. Queensland Health. Statewide weekly influenza surveillance report. Reporting period: ISO weeks 1-41 (31 December 2018 to 13 October 2019). Available online at: https://www.health.qld.gov.au/__data/assets/pdf_file/0037/835588/influenza-qld-2019.pdf (accessed March 2021).
3. Queensland Health. Statewide weekly influenza surveillance report. Reporting period: 1 January to 31 December 2017. Available online at: https://www.health.qld.gov.au/__data/assets/pdf_file/0034/656494/influenza-qld-2017.pdf (accessed March 2021).
4. Sullivan S, Arriola C, Bocaca J, et al. Heterogeneity in influenza seasonality and vaccine effectiveness in Australia, Chile, New Zealand and South Africa: early estimates of the 2019 influenza season. Euro Surveill 2019; 24: 1900645.
5. Beard F, Hendry A, Macartney K. Influenza vaccine uptake in Australia in 2020: impact of the COVID-19 pandemic? Commun Dis Intell 2021; 45. doi: 10.33321/cdi.2021.45.10.
6. Yeoh DK, Foley DA, Minnie-Smith CA, et al. Impact of coronavirus disease 2019 public health measures on detections of influenza and respiratory syncytial virus in children during the 2020 Australian winter. Clin Infect Dis 2020: ciaa1475.
7. US Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, National Center for Immunization and Respiratory Diseases. Weekly U.S. Influenza Surveillance Report (FluView). Available online at: https://www.cdc.gov/flu/weekly/index.htm (accessed March 2021).
8. Stowe J, Tessier E, Zhao H, et al. Interactions between SARS-CoV-2 and influenza and the impact of coinfection on disease severity: a test negative design. Preprint at doi: https://doi.org/10.1101/2020.09.18.20189647.
9. Cowling B. Initial emergence and spread of COVID [presentation]. Immunisation Coalition Annual Scientific Meeting. Melbourne, Australia; February 2021.
10. PathWest Laboratory Medicine WA. Paediatric respiratory pathogen report. Week 53, 28th December 2020 – 3rd January 2021. Available online at: https://ww2.health.wa.gov.au/-/media/Corp/Documents/Health-for/ Infectious-disease/Paediatric-Respiratory-Pathogen-Weekly-Report/2020/Paediatric-Respiratory-Pathogen-Report-Week-53-2020.pdf (accessed March 2021).
11. Krishnarajah G, Divino V, Postma MJ, et al. Clinical and economic outcomes associated with cell based quadrivalent influenza vaccine vs standard dose egg based quadrivalent influenza vaccines during the 2018-19 influenza season in the United States. Vaccines 2021; 9: 80.