1. Coronavirus (COVID-19) current situation and case numbers. Australian Goverment Department of Health; Canberra; 2021. Available online at: https://www.health.gov.au/news/health-alerts/novel-coronavirus-2019-ncov-health-alert/coronavirus-covid-19-current-situation-and-case-numbers (accessed March 2021).
2. Docherty AB, Harrison EM, Green CA, et al. Features of 20 133 UK patients in hospital with covid-19 using the ISARIC WHO Clinical Characterisation Protocol: prospective observational cohort study. BMJ 2020; 369: m1985.
3. Wang D, Hu B, Hu C, et al. Clinical characteristics of 138 hospitalized patients with 2019 novel coronavirus-infected pneumonia in Wuhan, China. JAMA 2020; 323: 1061-1069.
4. Chary E, Carsuzaa F, Trijolet JP, et al. Prevalence and recovery from olfactory and gustatory dysfunctions in Covid-19 infection: a prospective multicenter study. Am J Rhinol Allergy 2020; 34: 686-693.
5. Darley DR, Dore GJ, Cysique L, et al. High rate of persistent symptoms up to 4 months after community and hospital-managed SARS-CoV-2 infection. Med J Aust 2021. doi: 10.5694/mja2.50963. [Online ahead of print]
6. Townsend L, Dyer AH, Jones K, et al. Persistent fatigue following SARS-CoV-2 infection is common and independent of severity of initial infection. PLoS One 2020; 15(11): e0240784.
7. Carfi A, Bernabei R, Landi F, Gemelli Against C-P-ACSG. Persistent symptoms in patients after acute COVID-19. JAMA 2020; 324: 603-605.
8. Meppiel E, Peiffer-Smadja N, Maury A, et al. Neurologic manifestations associated with COVID-19: a multicentre registry. Clin Microbiol Infect 2020; 27: 458-466.
9. Venkatesan P. NICE guideline on long COVID. Lancet Respir Med 2021; 9: 129.
10. Lerum TV, Aalokken TM, Bronstad E, et al. Dyspnoea, lung function and CT findings three months after hospital admission for COVID-19. Eur Respir J 2020; 2003448. doi: 10.1183/13993003.03448-2020. [Online ahead of print]
11. Lam MH, Wing YK, Yu MW, et al. Mental morbidities and chronic fatigue in severe acute respiratory syndrome survivors: long-term follow-up. Arch Intern Med 2009; 169: 2142-2147.
12. Ngai JC, Ko FW, Ng SS, To KW, Tong M, Hui DS. The long-term impact of severe acute respiratory syndrome on pulmonary function, exercise capacity and health status. Respirology 2010; 15: 543-550.
13. Hui DS, Joynt GM, Wong KT, et al. Impact of severe acute respiratory syndrome (SARS) on pulmonary function, functional capacity and quality of life in a cohort of survivors. Thorax 2005; 60: 401-409.
14. Hui DS, Wong KT, Ko FW, et al. The 1-year impact of severe acute respiratory syndrome on pulmonary function, exercise capacity, and quality of life in a cohort of survivors. Chest 2005; 128: 2247-2261.
15. Ahmed H, Patel K, Greenwood DC, et al. Long-term clinical outcomes in survivors of severe acute respiratory syndrome and Middle East respiratory syndrome coronavirus outbreaks after hospitalisation or ICU admission: a systematic review and meta-analysis. J Rehabil Med 2020; 52(5): jrm00063.
16. Batawi S, Tarazan N, Al-Raddadi R, et al. Quality of life reported by survivors after hospitalization for Middle East respiratory syndrome (MERS). Health Qual Life Outcomes 2019; 17: 101.
17. Fugl A, Andersen CL. Epstein-Barr virus and its association with disease – a review of relevance to general practice. BMC Fam Pract 2019; 20: 62.
18. Sellers SA, Hagan RS, Hayden FG, Fischer WA, 2nd. The hidden burden of influenza: a review of the extra-pulmonary complications of influenza infection. Influenza Other Respir Viruses 2017; 11: 372-393.
19. Needham DM, Davidson J, Cohen H, et al. Improving long-term outcomes after discharge from intensive care unit: report from a stakeholders’ conference. Crit Care Med 2012; 40: 502-509.
20. Iwashyna TJ, Ely EW, Smith DM, Langa KM. Long-term cognitive impairment and functional disability among survivors of severe sepsis. JAMA 2010; 304: 1787-1794.
21. Shi S, Qin M, Shen B, et al. Association of cardiac injury with mortality in hospitalized patients with COVID-19 in Wuhan, China. JAMA Cardiol 2020; 5: 802-810.
22. Puntmann VO, Carerj ML, Wieters I, et al. Outcomes of cardiovascular magnetic resonance imaging in patients recently recovered from coronavirus disease 2019 (COVID-19). JAMA Cardi-ol. 2020; 5: 1265-1273.
23. Oxley TJ, Mocco J, Majidi S, Kellner CP, et al. Large-vessel stroke as a presenting feature of Covid-19 in the young. N Engl J Med 2020; 382: e60.
24. Ye M, Ren Y, Lv T. Encephalitis as a clinical manifestation of COVID-19. Brain Behav Immun 2020; 88: 945-946.
25. Cipriani G, Danti S, Nuti A, Carlesi C, Lucetti C, Di Fiorino M. A complication of coronavirus disease 2019: delirium. Acta Neurol Belg 2020; 120: 927-932.
26. Halpin SJ, McIvor C, Whyatt G, et al. Postdischarge symptoms and rehabilitation needs in survivors of COVID-19 infection: a cross-sectional evaluation. J Med Virol 2021; 93: 1013-1022.
27. Rogers JP, Chesney E, Oliver D, et al. Psychiatric and neuropsychiatric presentations associated with severe coronavirus infections: a systematic review and meta-analysis with comparison to the COVID-19 pandemic. Lancet Psychiatry 2020; 7: 611-627.
28. Cao W, Fang Z, Hou G, et al. The psychological impact of the COVID-19 epidemic on college students in China. Psychiatry Res 2020; 287: 112934.
29. Gonzalez-Sanguino C, Ausin B, Castellanos MA, et al. Mental health consequences during the initial stage of the 2020 Coronavirus pandemic (COVID-19) in Spain. Brain Behav Immun 2020; 87: 172-176.
30. Wang C, Pan R, Wan X, et al. Immediate psychological responses and associated factors during the initial stage of the 2019 coronavirus disease (COVID-19) epidemic among the general population in China. Int J Environ Res Public Health 2020; 17: 1729.
31. Stanton R, To QG, Khalesi S, et al. Depression, anxiety and stress during COVID-19: associations with changes in physical activity, sleep, tobacco and alcohol use in Australian adults. Int J Environ Res Public Health 2020; 17: 4065.
32. Mandal S, Barnett J, Brill SE, et al. ‘Long-COVID’: a cross-sectional study of persisting symptoms, biomarker and imaging abnormalities following hospitalisation for COVID-19. Thorax 2020. doi: 10.1136/thoraxjnl-2020- 215818. [Online ahead of print]
33. Wootton SL, King M, Alison JA, Mahadev S, Chan ASL. COVID-19 rehabilitation delivered via a telehealth pulmonary rehabilitation model: a case series. Respirol Case Rep 2020; 8: e00669.
34. Moldofsky H, Patcai J. Chronic widespread musculoskeletal pain, fatigue, depression and disordered sleep in chronic post-SARS syndrome; a case-controlled study. BMC Neurol 2011; 11: 37.
35. Muller AE, Tveito K, Bakken IJ, Flottorp SA, Mjaaland S, Larun L. Potential causal factors of CFS/ME: a concise and systematic scoping review of factors researched. J Transl Med 2020; 18: 484.
36. Willison HJ, Jacobs BC, van Doorn PA. Guillain-Barre syndrome. Lancet 2016; 388: 717-727.